At Marsh Cove Dental and Implant Center, Drs. Eugene and Olga Titov and their team work directly with you to help you learn about the many ways to care for your smile to ensure a smile free from dental decay and periodontal disease. During the holiday seasons, alcohol is often flowing and candy is readily available, which can cause some concerns when it comes to the health of the teeth and gums. Our team can help by making appropriate recommendations for extra steps you can take to protect your smile from dental problems due to increased consumption of acidic and alcoholic beverages along with high-sugar sweets and snacks.
How can I keep my smile healthy during the holidays?
Below are just a few of the more common recommendations our team at Marsh Cove Dental and Implant Center may suggest to patients who are looking to maintain a healthy smile over the holiday season:
- Brush and floss regularly to prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks, which can contribute to tooth decay.
- Limit snacking throughout the day to reduce plaque buildup.
- Quit smoking, as it can discolor teeth and lead to gum disease.
- Visit your dentist for routine cleanings and check-ups to catch any potential issues early on.
- Consider alternatives to traditional hard candies or sticky sweets, such as fruits or dark chocolate treats that are less harmful to teeth.
- Sip drinks through a straw to minimize contact with teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with water after consuming acidic beverages, like eggnog or mulled cider, to prevent erosion of tooth enamel.
- Chew sugar-free gum to increase saliva flow and wash away food particles.
Happy holidays and happy smiling!
If you are ready to learn more about oral health and wellness–especially during the holiday season–now is a great time to connect with the team at Marsh Cove Dental and Implant Center of Naples, FL. Our husband and wife team can work with you to provide preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry solutions so you can smile with confidence each and every day! Call 239-331-3575 to request a consultation visit with Drs. Eugene and Olga Titov.